Development version - Questions and Answers
Verfasst: 8. Juni 2019, 13:02
I installed the DEV version today and think it's very well done:
- the combined view of waypoints and variables is very clear
- no need to switch between waypoint and variable tabs anymore
- detected variables are listed under the formula
- additional variables are grouped under Unused Variables
- clicking on a variable always allows any input (text) even if the variable doesn't have a function included; this can easily lead to false input; using edit works as in previous versions
- the delete button for a variable listed under a waypoint doesn't delete the variable - it just clears its content; on the other hand, Unused Variables get deleted
- if a formula contains an error then it's getting red (as usual), but no hints what could be wrong are shown anymore (e.g. if the degree sign is missing)
- consider this formula: N50° 10.XXX E10° 22.XXX and XXX = A + B
- if you copy/paste that formula then variable X gets detected (clear since var XXX isn't present yet)
- add a new var XXX
- edit var XXX: add formula and assign A+B --> now A and B are listed as Unused Variables
since A and B are not detected by parsing the waypoint formula, that makes sense; but they're still used implicitly to calculate the waypoint which qualifies them to be listed as Used Variables: what do you think?
- × as multiplication sign: wasn't able to figure out how it should work (for AxB or axb A,B,x or a,b,x are detected)
- variable functions: pow0, pow1: could you explain how that works?
- function to fetch cache data from remote server (locus-solver.de): same as previous point - could you explain how that works?