broken phone and lost data

Your place for discussions around the addon
Antworten
no avatar
petrmann

broken phone and lost data

19. Februar 2021, 17:44

Hello,
My phone was destroyed and will not be accessible any more .….. nevertheless the SD-Card with complete Locus installation is in good condition.
Please, is it possible somehow get Multicache Solver data from this SD-Card?

Petrmann

gawalione
Administrator

Re: broken phone and lost data

19. Februar 2021, 18:25

Probably not. The data files of the solver are not stored into Locus directory, but in its own directory under /data/data. Normally this directory is not located on the SD-Card. Perhaps your Android allows to move it, but this depends on your phone and your Android.
But the data files are allowed to be part of Androids auto backup feature. It is therefore possible under certain circumstances that the files are in the backup and are automatically restored during a new installation. But this is only a guess.

no avatar
petrmann

12. März 2021, 19:47

Hello Gawalione,

The directory ..\Locus\data is there, nevertheless ..\Locus\data\data isn’t.
In directory ..\Locus\data are subdirectories - config, customScreen, dashboard, database, geocaching, geoNames, import, media, nav_audio, mnea, presets, srtm, tts

I already found the phone backup, but there I also don't see any directory .../Locus/data/data

gawalione
Administrator

24. März 2021, 07:24

No, its not in the Locus directory, but in the /data directory of the phone.
More precise: its in the app's data directory (that is in most cases /data/data/locus.addon.mcs/), but on some ROMs this can be moved.

Antworten