[Bug] 0.74-DEV1

Your found a bug? Please report it here.
gawalione
Administrator

Re: 0.74-DEV1

1. April 2020, 07:45

Hi,
thanks for testing!

1) You can export a (sub)set of caches by selecting them with their checkboxes and then use "Share"-Button to share them as text file (json formatted) with google drive or similar. You can reimport that file by using your favourite File Browser App. (Long) Click the file, and choose either "Open with" or "Send to" with the file and you should get the option to send the file to the solver. You will see the import activity and will be able to select which caches should be imported.

2) I will investigate, if that is possible.

3) What format does Locus expect? I can change that easily, but valid waypoints should be send by the solver?

no avatar
drumpldeer

6. April 2020, 20:42

Hi!

Sorry, for my late reply, I had actually subscribed to the topic, but probably missed the mail.

1) The reimport doesnt works for me. Although i tested some options like open as, share with or something. The Locus-Solver or DEV-Version is not showing to open with it. Would it be possible to create an Import-Menu, so it possible to import the Backup-File?

2) Fine. :-)

3)
What format does Locus expect?
- > A comma would be fine, as in Locus itself.
I can change that easily, but valid waypoints should be send by the solver?
-> That's not a problem, either I change the few values in strange listings myself, but mostly the solver already recognizes everything correctly. :-)

4. I found something else because sometimes the new solver crashes.
Sometimes when I want to enter a value, but I cannot replicate that.
Another thing is, if I copy a formula from a listing as a value for a new to be created variable and then edit the variable to add the function "Formula" , the app crashes. Have just tested it again, with 73.4 there is no problem. An example is GC1RWNK.

Thanks and kind regards!

no avatar
Die Batzen

0.74 apk

8. April 2020, 10:21

Hi gawalione,

some feedback for https://get.locus-solver.de/addonSolver ... elease.apk (all tests done in new listview, in case that matters):
  1. digit sum check causes crash for uninitialized variables:
    - create a new variable
    - add a formula, e.g. X+Y
    - add a 2nd function "Quersumme" --> crash.
    For reproducing, ensure that X,Y do not have a value yet.
    This is a typical use-case when there's a check such as "Quersumme(X+Y)=35"
  2. add a new waypoint, e.g. N50° 12.A1 E8° 20.A1 --> variable A is created; but now you realize that you need A1 instead of A:
    - create a new variable A1 manually
    - enter waypoint edit mode and leave immediately (to force a formula re-parsing) --> now A1 is listed as both, used and unused variable; but A1 should just be available as used variable
  3. delete a used variable, tab on the parent waypoint --> crash
  4. when deleting a waypoint, that change is not sent to Locus immediately anymore; you have to do some editing to force an update
    - is this change intended? If I'm not mistaken deleting a waypoint always forced an update without further action (which I would prefer)
In database upgrade testing I cannot contribute much since my cache list is rather short, too. At least for my 5 caches no problems observed.

Regards,
Thomas

no avatar
Saturo

10. April 2020, 09:40

Ein Klick auf Variable bearbeiten führt zum sofortigen Absturz.
Im alten Listingview reicht ein Klick auf Variable hinzufügen um den Solver zum Absturz zu bringen.
Im Standart Solver werden Wegpunkte in Locus erst angezeigt wenn man den Cache verlässt und neu auswählt.
Nun weiß ich gar nicht mehr welche Version man noch benutzen kann.
Bitte um Hilfe!

gawalione
Administrator

10. April 2020, 20:29

https://get.locus-solver.de/addonSolver ... ase_82.apk

I uploaded a new version, that should fix the issues reported by Die Batzen. I think, it should also fix Saturos problem. If not, please give more information about the variable, which crashes (is it empty, functions, etc).

Cache edits or waypoint removals are send to Locus, when the Detail-View got finished. It believe, that was always the case.

no avatar
Die Batzen

10. April 2020, 22:42

gawalione hat geschrieben:
10. April 2020, 20:29
https://get.locus-solver.de/addonSolver ... ase_82.apk

I uploaded a new version, that should fix the issues reported by Die Batzen. I think, it should also fix Saturos problem. If not, please give more information about the variable, which crashes (is it empty, functions, etc).

Cache edits or waypoint removals are send to Locus, when the Detail-View got finished. It believe, that was always the case.
Hi gawalione ,

I can confirm that my reported issues 1., 2., 3. and 4. are all fixed. :)
The first two issues reported by Saturo seem to be fixed too, at least my tests were successful. For the third one I'm not sure what to test.

One additional issue showed up:
  • in new list view, a waypoint that contains variables (and a formula) cannot be moved upwards or downwards anymore; for waypoints without variables it works;
    (typically I move the final waypoint to 1st position, then it's easier/faster to put in the variable values stage by stage - especially when many waypoints are present)
Thanks a lot for the quick fixes!
Regards,
Thomas

no avatar
Die Batzen

0.74 apk

11. April 2020, 17:11

Today I ran into two more issues:
  1. create a new waypoint, delete the waypoint, close CacheSolver an re-open --> the deleted waypoint is back
    Even if the waypoint seems to be gone after deletion, it's back after restarting CacheSolver.
  2. in old listview, the variables are not sorted anymore
Regards,
Thomas

no avatar
Saturo

11. April 2020, 18:39

Solver Dev
Variable hinzufügen
... Variable bearbeiten
Absturz
Nach Neustart kann die Variable bearbeitet werden.

Das Hinzufügen von Wegpunkten mit dem Standard Solver scheint nun zu funktionieren.
Vielen Dank!

no avatar
drumpldeer

13. April 2020, 17:35

With the New Version 082 i can create a waypoint by hand or by copy marked coordinates, but i don't see it neither in the Solver nor in Locus.

gawalione
Administrator

14. April 2020, 22:49

https://get.locus-solver.de/addonSolver ... ase_83.apk

I uploaded a new version, that should fix the reported issues.
I also uploaded the same code as DEV version to the play store.

Drag'n'drop will be disabled, if an expandable waypoint is open. DragNDrop and Expandables do not work well together in fastadapter, so this is currently the easiest solution.

I could not reproduce the problem of @drumldeer.

Antworten