Unable to open the txt file with the app

Your found a bug? Please report it here.
Antworten
no avatar
bretonv

Unable to open the txt file with the app

6. November 2020, 05:40

After exporting cache in a txt file I am unable to open the file with the application if I try to open it with the <open with> option. The cache solver app is not a choice in the liste of apps.
Is there an other way to open the txt file to move caches from one cell to an other ?
Thanks
I use last version of all.

gawalione
Administrator

Re: Unable to open the txt file with the app

6. November 2020, 08:51

Normally there are two options, which i know of and that work for me:
If i upload the txt file to google drive, i can open it directly from the drive app, if i have the file on the filesystem, i normally use an explorer app and open if from there. There can be two option to open it: "Open with" or "send to". In some apps the first works, in some other apps the second. I do not know why.

no avatar
bretonv

10. November 2020, 16:33

I try all your suggestions. Google drive and 2 files explorer and I never see locus solver in the app to open TXT files. It work on my old phone but not on my Android 10 new one.

May be it will be a good idea for a next update to change extension to some one else like LAS (Locus add-on solver) so the file will find the good app to open. Or to add a option to open the file in the app menu. There is to much app on a phone to open TXT files.

I will continue to search a solution and if I find it, I will post it here.

If you think you will do an update, just tell me I will wait.

Thanks.

gawalione
Administrator

10. November 2020, 20:27

Have you tried the latest version from this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63 ?

If i remember correctly, i added an open file dialog in this version. Or was it in another version?
Please try this one.

no avatar
bretonv

14. November 2020, 09:30

I have the 0.73.4 version and I do not find the button.
IMG_20201114_030600.jpg
Maybe it is me I do not look at the good place, because on the description of the version you ask me to look, it is written the button is supposed to be there. Or it's an older version (0.73.x) but I can't install it.
As you tell me, I think I have see this button in the past.

I see in the French help you add some information in English. I look in POeditor and I all the stock is translate. Is the help in an other file ? Do you want I send you the text who is not translate in French by email ?

Thanks for your app. I really appreciate it.

no avatar
bretonv

17. November 2020, 00:43

I install the 0.75-DEV1. The import button is there and the importation works. I will use this version to be able to import and also to test it. If I find some bug in the dev version, I will tell you. It is the minimum I can do to have the chance to use the app.

I search a way to put the app as it was on my old phone because when we start to use it it is difficult to return to pencil and paper.

Thanks

Antworten