Ignore missing degree sign "°" in copied coordinates

You are missing a feature? Start a request here.
Antworten
no avatar
JGeo

Ignore missing degree sign "°" in copied coordinates

26. September 2018, 17:45

Most of the workflow focuses on importing coordinates from 'additional waypoints', but when I copy text from a cache description, quite often there is is no "°" symbol in the coordinate. Now I have to enter that manually. It would be very convenient if Locus Solver would ignore the missing symbol and treat Nxx xx.xxx simply as a valid coordinate. Could that be possible?

gawalione
Administrator

Re: Ignore missing degree sign "°" in copied coordinates

2. Oktober 2018, 07:43

This is currntly not possible because the formula parser needs the ° to correctly detect formulas. To change this i would have to implement a new parser, for what i have no time in the moment. Perhaps sometime in the future.

no avatar
JGeo

Re: Ignore missing degree sign "°" in copied coordinates

13. November 2019, 09:44

Would it then maybe be possible to accept a different symbol in the formula? The '°' is a bit tucked away on my keyboard, and a 'd' would suffice there as well, I think. Typically, the coordinates are marked, then selected, then send to the solver input field, but after that, it requires the '°'. If in that field, the first 'd' or some other symbol that is easily typed from the main smartphone keyboard would be treated as a '°', it would help a lot.

Antworten